Friday, January 18, 2013

Fantastic Friday!

Fridays always hold lots of excitement for me. Mainly because I get to leave the house any time during the weekend that I want. It's exciting! ...I'm completely aware of how pathetic that sounds... Anyway! Here is this week's list of reasons Friday is Fantastic!

1. It's payday. Can I get an Amen?
2. It's date night! Well, it's Jack-and-Owen's-First-Sleep-over-at-Grandma's-Night! I'm both wonderfully excited and terribly heart broken. Clay and I have a fun filled night planned (...HA!). We really don't know what we are going to do. Our plan is as follows: Drop children off at Grandma's between 2:30-4:30, depending on who naps when. Then, if time allows go to the Discovery Center to see the Body's Uncovered exhibit, then dinner. Then home to do what we do every night when the kids are in bed: Board Games. We are exciting people. But I am going to miss my little men!
3. Laundry is completely caught up, folded, hung up and put away. After one small load today the washer and dryer will get a weekend break. Woo!
4. We are adding to our family! ...No. I'm not pregnant. THANK GOD. We decided that it's time to get a big dog for our boys and after lots of research we've decided on a golden retriever. We've had a puppy before and it hasn't been long enough for us to forget how terrible having a puppy is. It's awful. Completely and utterly awful. Puppies suck. They pee everywhere, they whine, they chew and bite and pee some more. Ugh. So, we found what seemed to be the perfect dog for our family- it was fate really - a golden retriever was available at a local shelter. After going through the motions to adopt her and waiting all week to be selected we were not. But! We've found a wonderful, perfect, beautiful girl to add to our lives, so it's all worked out. Funny how things happen that seem awful in the moment but turn out to be just what you wanted to begin with! I'll update with more about our new hairy child later!
5. I have the day off, by mostly accident! Love extra days off. I get to cuddle my boys longer, deep clean the floors and toy room and give mid-day bubble baths!
6. We have already made our Costco trip for the week so we get to avoid the insanely crazy weekend Costco folks. Have fun with that!
7. There is still snow outside! Covering the grass and streets. I love it. It's beautiful and lovely. I'll be sad when it melts and the view is brown grass and bare trees.
8. Owen slept until 7:30 and has been happily playing in his crib for the past ten minutes. This means that Owen won't be a nightmare this morning. That, my dear friends, is an amazing morning. An amazing start to Friday!
9. Jack, though woke up at 6, has been cuddling with me in bed, watching Cars and singing along with the songs. He's such a smart, amazing, adorable, sweet kid. Love starting my mornings with alone time cuddles from my Jack-a-roo.
10. I know, for a fact, I get to sleep in tomorrow morning. That. Is. Amazing.

Enjoy your day! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment